Announcing the Fifth Annual Awards for Excellence in Sustainability!
The American Planning Association Sustainable Communities Division is happy to announce that the nomination process is now open for the Fifth Annual Awards for Excellence in Sustainability!
The Awards for Excellence in Sustainability is an annual program that honors projects, plans, policies, individuals, and organizations dedicated to supporting sustainable communities. Each year, the award winners are announced during the annual National Planning Conference.
The winners of the 2017 Awards shared innovative strategies and lessons learned from their projects in a series of webinars (Nov 14, Dec 6). Click here for more information.
The deadline for submission is January 19, 2018, at 8:00 PM EST. An information packet, including important submission instructions and forms, can be downloaded here: 2018 Awards Information Packet
- Category clarification: Please submit both interstate and intrastate regional sustainability or resilience plans under the “State or Regional Sustainability or Resilience Plan” category.
- Regarding letters of support: The jury will be looking at how well each submission explicitly meets all of the criteria listed for each category. You should feel free to include letters or words of support (within the stated page and word limits), particularly if they help to demonstrate how your submission meets the criteria. The submission instructions do not mention or require letters of support.
Please subscribe to the SCD e-bulletin to receive reminders about the application process.
- 2017 – Winners of The Fourth Annual Awards for Excellence in Sustainability
- 2016 – Winners of The Third Annual Awards for Excellence in Sustainability
- 2015 – Winners of The Second Annual Awards for Excellence in Sustainability