The Sixth Annual Awards for Excellence in Sustainability
The APA Sustainable Communities Division Awards for Excellence in Sustainability is an annual program that honors projects, plans, policies, individuals, and organizations dedicated to supporting sustainable communities. Each year, the award winners are announced during the annual National Planning Conference.
- SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. Entries were accepted November 2, 2018, through 5:00 p.m. (EST) on Friday, January 11, 2019.
- INFORMATION PACKET: Available for download here. Please see the bottom of this page for clarifications about eligibility.
- WEB FORM: Unlike previous years, all entry nominations were submitted via web form.
- Regarding the eligibility of competition entries: Competition entries are not eligible for nomination, unless they have been fully adopted as a plan or are moving forward into implementation.
- Regarding the eligibility of entities employing people currently serving in national leadership positions: Any entity that currently employs APA staff or members of the APA-SCD Awards Jury, APA-SCD Executive Committee, APA Board of Directors, and/or AICP Commission is ineligible to receive an award. [This is meant to clarify the following sentence on page 3 of the 2019 Information Packet: “Any entity that employs APA members currently serving in national leadership positions (including APASCD or other leadership positions, elected or not) is ineligible to be nominated.”]
- 2018 – Winners of The Fifth Annual Awards for Excellence in Sustainability
- 2017 – Winners of The Fourth Annual Awards for Excellence in Sustainability
- 2016 – Winners of The Third Annual Awards for Excellence in Sustainability
- 2015 – Winners of The Second Annual Awards for Excellence in Sustainability