[Special Event at 2016 National Planning Conference in Phoenix, Arizona]
On April 2, 2016, the Sustainable Communities Division and partners held an evening event titled “Advancing Sustainability: An Evening with Sustainability & Resilience Leaders in Planning Practice, Policy, and Research.” The free event, held during the 2016 National Planning Conference, was co-hosted by Arizona State University’s Global Institute of Sustainability, ULI AZ, the Green Chamber, USGBC AZ, Green Living, and APA AZ.
A panel of three local experts gave brief presentations related to the future of sustainability and resilience in Phoenix and nationally, and then participated in a facilitated discussion and question and Q&A session. Event audio, photos, and presentation slides are included in the video below. You can also download all slides from the presentations here.
- Colin Tetreault (Faculty Associate & Manager, Sustainability, ASU)
- Mark Hartman (Chief Sustainability Officer, City of Phoenix)
- Deb Stark (Planning and Development Director, Maricopa County, and APA Arizona Chapter President)
- Charles Redman (Founding Director, ASU School of Sustainability)
- Daniel Lerch (Publications Director, Post Carbon Institute)
- Matt Bucchin (Senior Planner, Halff Associates, Inc.)