SCD is co-hosting this EcoDistricts training as a shoulder program for NPC18.
Friday, April 20, 2018
8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. CDT
Tulane ByWater Institute, 1370 Port of New Orleans Place, New Orleans, LA 70130
CM | 6.50
The EcoDistricts Foundation Course will immerse attendees in the approach and tools to create EcoDistricts, a unique standard for urban and community development that puts equity, resilience, and climate protection at the heart of every decision.
The course is hosted by EcoDistricts and APA’s Sustainable Communities Division as a shoulder program for NPC18. The course is open to APA members in addition to the New Orleans community.
This course is for planners, architects, developers, community development professionals, and municipal leaders seeking to advance their skills, apply the EcoDistricts standard, and/or become an EcoDistricts Accredited Professional.
- Gain an in-depth overview of EcoDistricts Certified — the world’s first comprehensive framework to guide urban and community development — from planning to implementation.
- Learn about key issues and best practices influencing neighborhood sustainability — including resiliency, equity, green infrastructure, placemaking, and community health.
- Explore inspiring case studies, including the first set of projects committed to EcoDistricts Certified.
- Be prepared to take the EcoDistricts Accredited Professional exam, the first credential demonstrating a commitment to creating sustainable, equitable neighborhoods.
- Edward Hill, EcoDistricts AP, Director of Advisory Services, EcoDistricts
- Eliot Allen, LEED AP-ND, EcoDistricts AP